Helmut Thielicke quote

"Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

Proverbs 31:30

C. S. Lewis quote

"Lose your life and you will save it. Submit to death, death of your ambitions and favorite wishes everyday and death of your whole body in the end: submit (to God) with every fiber of your being, and you will find eternal life."
-C. S. Lewis "Mere Christianity"

Friday, August 29, 2014

Picture Short Story Challenge

I decided to take a short story challenge over the past month, creating a very short story with a picture of my pick.  Get it?  Pic of my pick?  Yeah, I know, lame joke (I've been watching too much Ultimate Spider-man).  But anyways, I found the picture on pinterest and wrote a short story revolving around it.  Now the picture isn't exactly a picture.  It's more of a word inspiration, but there is also a picture.

I will proceed in showing it.

what? I just re-pinned this cause I thought it was interesting


The short story that I wrote based on this is a bit comical, and it was also an experiment on character development for one of my newer characters, Nikki Taylor.  It was fun to write, and it didn't take long.  Very fun, actually.  I think I have too much fun with this character...

Here is the outcome:




               My Brilliantly Idiotic Plan, By Nikki Taylor


               I can’t believe I even went through with this plan.  Can’t believe I was stupid enough to even go through with it.  Sure, at the time I thought that it might be a good idea to have that idiotic French company kidnap me for money and stow me away where no one would find me.  But now that I’m in the midst of it, I’m pretty sure that I was under the influence of soda and Pop-tarts at the time of my decision.  I even spent all my life savings in the process.  How did I get here, underground, hands and legs tied together, having to go to the bathroom really bad but not being able to because of being tethered together, and sitting a chair that’s making my behind get all unbearably numb?  Well, I’ll tell you how.
                
                    My family – consisting of me, my older brother, and my mom and dad – dragged me on this trip during the middle of the school year (no, I’m not complaining… but still) all the way to France for just for my dad’s business.  Yeah… totally lame.  But again, I’m not complaining about being in France in the middle of the school year for a mini-vacation.  Anyways, so ever since we arrived last week, my mom and dad have been really busy, always gone during the daytime with their jobs, overseeing “big-business-matters” kind of stuff, and at night they almost ALWAYS have some fancy dinner to attend.  So it’s usually me and my big bro.  And my big bro’s not much of a family person.  He’s usually gone, too.  Probably showing off his new rental car to some girls.
                
                    As I told my cat, Mr. Shwarma, I felt underappreciated, almost like I’m here for, well, nothing.  No one needs me.  If I was gone, who would miss me?  Well, other than Mr. Shwarma, no one!  And Mr. Shwarma only loves me for feeding him.  If I had no food, I would have no cat friend.  So I am alone, basically, besides living in a house with millions of maids and butlers, doing anything I ask at the snap of my fingers.  So… alone was I, in need of confidence that someone actually would, like, almost die without me, I googled.  Google is a girl’s best friend.  Yeah, so I found that right here in France, just a few miles from where I was, there was an organization that actually kidnapped you if you paid them, like, sixteen-hundred dollars or something.
                You can guess what happened.
                
                Yep... I did it. 
                
               And that’s where I am now.  Waiting for someone to notice that I’m gone.  It seems like forever since this morning, and now my stomach is growling.  I’m hungry, tired, and ready for a soft bed.  I guess that’s what I get for taking matters into my own hands. 
               





Thanks for reading!  



~Angie <3


               


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'd love to hear what you have to say, but please, this blog is dedicated to be uplifting and bringing glory to the Lord. Please keep your words nice and no profanities. Thanks!